Zest Theatre is a national touring theatre company and a registered charity. We receive funding from a variety of sources including: Arts Council England, performance fees, grants from Trusts, as well as private donations and fundraising.
Zest Theatre is a Charity Registered in England and Wales number 1144299.
1. What data do we collect?
Zest Theatre is known as the ‘data controllers’ and the ‘data processors’ of the personal data you provide us. This is because we decide what data we collect (data controller) and either store or process that data (data processor) for our business needs.
You give us your information whenever you communicate with us. We collect basic data about you, including names, ages and email addresses and any other information you have given our consent to collect. We also keep your details when you sign up to receive email from us.
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them so we can make sure we are sending you the most relevant information.
We may also use publicly available data, including information found in places such as Companies House, your biography on your work website or information that has been published in articles / newspapers.
2. Why do we need this data?
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not to do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We use your personal data as a way of keeping you up to date with the services that Zest Theatre offer, and also to report back to our funders.
For example, we may use your data to:
- Inform you of upcoming events in your area
- Book a show into your school/venue
- Keep you up to date on the latest news from Zest Theatre
- Share any promotions and ticket offers with you
- Support our current and future funding applications
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you. Your data is always held securely. Your data can only be accessed by people who need it to do their job. Certain data, for example some sensitive information, is additionally controlled and is only made visible to members of staff who have a reason to work with it.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
3. The lawful basis under which we process the Data
- Contract Purposes
When you make a donation to us or book a performance from Zest at your venue, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone to discuss your booking.
- Legitimate Business Interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal for purposes that are in our / your legitimate interests. For example, if you have booked a show from Zest in the past, it’s not unusual to assume you would want to hear about our next production. However, we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. You have the option of opting out of this contact at any time.
- With Your Explicit Consent
For any situations where the two basis’ above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation. This will be done through an opt-in process.
4. What do we do with the Data?
- We do not share or sell your data with third parties.
- We have a Data Protection Policy in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
- We will give you the opportunity to opt out, at any time, from any marketing or fundraising email communications you receive from us.
- All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information may be located on servers outside of the European Union.
5. How long we keep it
Zest are required by law to not keep your data on file for ‘longer than necessary’ for business operations.
We will keep your details on file, which may include names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of your staff, for a maximum of three years. As part of our commitment to data accuracy, we will regularly check and update this database if needed.
- Theatres / Venues / FestivalsWe will keep your details on file, which may include names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of your staff, for a maximum of five years. As part of our commitment to data accuracy, we will regularly check and update this database if needed.
If you undertake a project with Zest, we will keep your details on file, which may include sensitive personal data such as medical conditions, for a maximum of three years. If you are under 16, we will not collect data from you without the explicit consent of your parent or carer.
Zest Theatre promise to dispose of your data, whether hard or electronic, in a safe and secure manner that won’t compromise your privacy, freedom or rights as an individual.
6. What we would also like to do with it
Information that we retain to use for our own marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via email to email@example.com
7. What are your rights?
- The right to be informed.
- The right to access.
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Chairman at email firstname.lastname@example.org will investigate the matter.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data otherwise than in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).